Thursday, January 19, 2012

#14: Kicked sand is not worth crying over.



Life Lesson 14: Kicked sand is not worth crying over.
One night at camp we were playing volleyball. The game was getting really competitive and intense. Devin kicked some sand in my direction out of frustration at himself, so I responded by kicking sand back in his direction.  My kick of sand was much larger than his was. He jokingly made it seem as if he was crying. I looked at him saying, "hey man, kicked sand is not worth crying over!" He responded with agreement.

Immediately after that conversation we decided that the statement I made should become a life lesson.  After the game I wrote it in and added it to the list.

To this day, every time we play volleyball we agree that kicked sand is not worth crying over.

Kicked sand may be an accident or on purpose, but either way it's not worth crying over! There are several things in life, joyous, sad, etc, that are worth crying over, but kicked sand is not one.

So always remember when playing volleyball, at the beach, hanging out in a sandbox, or any location with lots of sand, that kicked sand is not worth crying over.

No comments:

Post a Comment